Metroball Power-Up Cup
Time & Location
About The Event
$50 per team, 6 teams max
Let's try something new!
6 teams will face off in a metroball drop in mini tournament with a twist.
6 teams of 7, $50 per team, ring pop prizes.
Each team will have $50 spacebucks to spend on powerups for round robin play, and $25 for playoffs. The $10 power ups will not be allowed in playoffs.
Each powerup only lasts one game.
Powerups will probably be printed on cards and handed to the refs before the individual game you want to use it in.
Post in the comments if you have a great idea for another powerup. Remember, they have to be very simple so the refs can easily enforce them and so they are easy to explain.
- Your team can block with their hands for one game! $10
- You can pick one celebrity from the any other team to join your team for one game. $10
- Each catch revives two players for your team for one game. $10
- Catches by the opposing team do not revive players. The catch still counts as an out. - $10
- The game starts in 1v1 Showdown mode - $9
- One free kamakaze - $8
- No team catches or double outs for one game. One ball, one out. $8
-An unblockable ball is added for one game but catching it will bring the entire team back. The team playing this card starts with the Fireball in hand - $8
- One free revive can be used at any point in the game - $8
- Your team can go to the opponent’s attack line for one game - $8
- No rush! Start the game with your teams three balls in hand. - $8
- The ball is not dead until it hits the floor. Wall and ceiling catches count for one game. $7
- Your team starts the game with 4 balls on the opening rush, opponent only has 2 - $7
- Your team’s three balls are active the second you touch them, no need to cross the activation line. $7
- Play one game with 7 players - $7
- The game starts in Sudden Death (No Blocking) - $5
- if the last person on your team makes a catch the whole team is back in - $5
- advantage timer is 5 seconds instead of 10 - $5
More details to come as soon as i think them up.